Private Tour from Scottsdale
Explore the Desert with Fashionable Sustainability in Mind
Half-Day Urban Tour is Easy on Your Schedule
A Desert Discovery
Discover the Sonoran Desert like never before. Feel good about your carbon footprint because you’ll be traveling in a private, Tesla Model X electric SUV. Experience an intimate glimpse of the desert with a scenic desert lake hike. Meander through calming xeriscape gardens. Explore epic waterfalls along the Arizona Canal. Learn about the art that inspires a sustainable outlook on life. This half-day tour is perfect for those wanting an authentic desert experience only a local could provide.
$600 per group.
October – May: 7 am
Pickup at hotel or residence within 30 miles of Anthem, AZ 85086 zip code (contact us if you’re unsure)
Approximately 5 hours
1 minimum, 5 maximum
May not be suitable for children under four, those with mobility restrictions, or those with low fitness levels.
- Locally sourced bottled water
- Locally sourced snacks
- All entrance fees
- Gratuities for guide
- Booking fees
What to bring
- Athletic or athleisure attire recommended
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat
- Hiking shoes, water shoes (if you want to go into the lake)
- Walking shoes (if you prefer a more comfortable post-hike shoe)
- Jacket if departing during the winter
Every detail will be taken care of by your passionate, friendly local guide
Enjoy a 1-mile hike with a beautiful lakeside view and an opportunity to splash in the water.
Tour a nationally recognized Xeriscape garden with plenty of Instagrammable spots.
Discover amazing man-made waterfalls at Arizona Falls, a recommissioned hydroelectric power plant..
Overview of the tour
Good to Know
- This tour entails roughly 2 hours of driving (depending on your pickup location) and a 1-hour round-trip hike. In total, it entails roughly 100 miles of driving (depending on the pickup and drop-off).
- Fitness level: We want to ensure you have fun on our tours so you should have an adequate level of fitness. This includes the ability to hike for short distances on uneven or loose terrain with slight elevation changes, the ability to walk on hard surfaces such as concrete and compact dirt, and the ability to sit in a vehicle for short periods at a time.
- All tour duration, pick-ups, and return times are approximate.
- Tour guide gratuities are not included in the price.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the tour departure and no-shows will be charged in full.
- Children of all ages are welcome on all tours, but please keep in mind your child’s fitness levels and interests when booking a tour. There is a max of two (2) child car seats or booster seats permitted on each tour.
- For more information, please visit our terms and conditions page(opens in a new tab).
Pounds of CO2 diverted from the air
KWh of solar energy used
Cultural and artist influenced sites visited
Local businesses supported
Sustainably sourced experience to last a lifetime