Private Tour from Scottsdale
Explore the Desert Night in a Zero Emission Tesla
Evening Tour Maximizes Your Vacation or Holiday Experience
A Desert Discovery
When the sun sets, the desert comes alive! Explore a variety of city lights, and feel good while you’re touring because you’ll be traveling in a private, Tesla Model X electric SUV. Experience the night like a local would as you explore a modern, lakeside boardwalk complete with city skyline views, historic bridges and interesting boats. Be mesmerized by illuminated fiber art that dances to the ever-changing flux of the desert wind. Admire the lighted glass and steel of one of Frank Llyod Wright’s dreams that never came to fruition. Learn about the art and history that makes Arizona culture so unique and diverse. This evening tour is packed full of unique destinations that speak to the importance of conservation and appreciation in our everyday life.
$600 per group.
Year-round 7 pm
Pickup at hotel or residence within 30 miles of Anthem, AZ 85086 zip code (contact us if you’re unsure)
Approximately 3 hours
1 minimum, 5 maximum
May not be suitable for children under four, those with mobility restrictions, or those with low fitness levels.
- Locally sourced bottled water
- Locally sourced snacks
- All entrance fees
- Gratuities for guide
- Booking fees
What to bring
- Athletic or athleisure attire recommended
- Walking shoes or tennis shoes
- Jacket if departing during the winter
Every detail will be taken care of by your passionate, friendly local guide
Enjoy a 1-mile brisk walk with a beautiful lakeside city skyline view, bridges and lots of diverse locals.
Tour two pieces of art created by internationally renowned architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, and world renowned artist, Janet Echelman.
Discover the fusion of art and culture as you learn about the history and future of what makes Arizona special.
Overview Of The Tour
We have broken down our itinerary into bite-sized chunks to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Start your evening with a brisk walk along with one of the most popular boardwalks in The Valley. Located near Arizona State University, you’ll discover historic bridges, modern skylines and learn about how the locals conserve water to make life possible in the desert.
- Next, you’ll visit a mesmerizing piece of illuminated fiber art created by a world-renowned artist. Suspended nearly 150ft above a city park, you’ll learn about the Sonoran Desert that influenced the design and the city’s efforts to inspire conservation in daily life.
- On the way to our next stop, We’ll drive past the 81,000 incredible dancing lights at the Talking Stick Cultural District of the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community.
- Next, we’ll visit the Valley’s tribute to the USS Arizona – the iconic battleship that sank in Pearl Harbor. This beautiful memorial is illuminated at night and located in a tranquil garden. Pause to reflect or ponder this infamous moment that will forever be enshrined in history.
- Finally, we’ll stop at the 125 ft tall mysterious, blue-lit, steel and glass spire designed by world-renowned architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. Here, you’ll learn about Wright’s sustainable style of architecture and have a glimpse into what Arizona’s future could have been.
Good to Know
- This tour entails roughly 1.5 hours of driving (depending on your pickup location) and a 1.5-mile lakeside walk. In total, it entails roughly 100 miles of driving (depending on the pickup and drop-off).
- Fitness level: We want to ensure you have fun on this tour so you should have an adequate level of fitness. This includes the ability to walk briskly for about 1-2 miles over paved concrete surfaces, the ability to hike short distances on loose or uneven terrain, and the ability to sit in a vehicle for short periods at a time.
- All tour duration, pick-ups, and return times are approximate.
- Tour guide gratuities are not included in the price.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before the tour departure and no-shows will be charged in full.
- Children of all ages are welcome on all tours, but please keep in mind your child’s fitness levels and interests when booking a tour. There is a max of two (2) child car seats or booster seats permitted on each tour.
- For more information, please visit our terms and conditions page(opens in a new tab).
Pounds of CO2 diverted from the air
KWh of solar energy used
Cultural and artist influenced sites visited
Local businesses supported
Sustainably sourced experience to last a lifetime